People are your greatest asset. Do you believe that statement?
I am sure there are many times when you’ve encountered team conflict, bad communication,poor attitudes, and lack of commitment as you’ve engaged with your teams only to find yourself wondering, “Can I get a robot to do their job? For half the cost and half the headache?!”
We get it and at DREAM Workplace we understand that you have goals to achieve, numbers to hit, and bench marks to reach, and the reality is without people operating at their highest level of potential you’ll never reach your company’s ultimate potential.
Sometimes we need reminders to help us stay focused on investing in people in order to keep us at the top of our game! Here area few to help you this week.
5 Reminders that People are Your Greatest Asset:
- Delegation Leads to Empowerment – At the core of great leadership is great delegation which in turn promotes employees who feel empowered to do their job at their highest potential. When you begin to release responsibility to your team, they often will respond to the challenge with greater initiative and commitment.
- Excellence at Developing People Leads to Promotion
- Without the team around you, you more than likely don’t have a job.
- With your team performing at a low level, you might not have a job for long.
- With your team performing at a high level, you have more potential to get a promotion and/or a raise.
This “equation” isn’t always true but it is probably true for most and it reminds us of the necessity of building your teams.
- Investment Breeds Loyalty & Trust – What CEO, President, or Manager doesn’t want more commitment, loyalty, and trust among their employees? When you go the extra mile to show that you care about your team’s personal lives (to an appropriate degree) and seek to look for opportunities to invest in their career success and growth, you’ll reap the rewards in seeing their commitment to their work and the company increase.
- Lower Employee Turnover – I think we can all agree employee turnover is the worst. Hire, re-hire, train, and re-train is the endless cycle we would all be happy to be done with. Think strategically about how you can be investing in your current team and take the extra time to make the smart hire versus the quick hire!
- It Makes Your Job Easier! – In the long run, when training, coaching, mentoring, and building teams is your company’s normal culture you’ll be breathing easier and finding yourself sleeping more.
What’s one investment you can implement this week to build team morale, increase employee engagement, and show your team that they are your greatest asset!